The Zoom PodTrak P8 is easy to use and can handle the most ambitious podcasting projects. With all the functions you need to record, edit and mix, the PodTrak P8 is your complete podcast studio.
DELIVERY IS 7-15 DAYS.
What's in the Box
- PodTrak P8
- Quick Start Guide
The color touchscreen interface makes monitoring, adjusting and onboard editing seamless. Everything you need is a touch away.
- The Mic Preamp Slider allows you to dial in the level or gain of each mic. Make adjustments until the signal is peaking in the “Good Range”. Peaking in the “Over Range” section can cause distortion in your sound.
- The Limiter is used to prevent distortion if the volume suddenly gets too loud.
- The Low Cut reduces low frequency noise that is present in almost any recording environment, whether it’s air conditioning, street sounds, vibrations, and other sources.
- The Tone Adjustment can make your voice darker or brighter, for that perfect podcast voice.
- Compressor/DeEsser enables your voice to have more presence for that perfect studio podcast sound.
- In the On Air screen select Noise Reduction to decrease background noise by automatically turning down the mic levels for tracks not in use.
The PodTrak P8 features six of Zoom’s best-sounding mic inputs, providing pristine audio for you and your guests. With up to 70dB of gain the P8 can handle demanding microphones such as Shure’s SM7B.
This Call Will Be Recorded
The P8 features a dedicated channel for recording phone calls. And channel six can be switched to USB mode to record your guests via computer. Both options include a Mix-Minus feature to prevent echo and feedback for the caller.
With the P8’s onboard editing, easily trim, split and fade audio clips to produce a finished episode. You can even add background music, or transfer track files to your computer to do a final mix.
It Speaks Your Language
The P8’s touchscreen display can be set to any one of six languages. Choose from English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Japanese.
- Full-color LCD touchscreen display
- Record up to 13 tracks simultaneously
- Six mic inputs with XLR connectors and optional phantom power
- Volume sliders, mute buttons and “on air” indicators for each channel
- Dedicated channel for recording phone interviews
- Optional BTA-2 Bluetooth enables wireless call recording
- Mix-Minus function prevents echo and feedback from call audio
- Nine assignable Sound Pads with four banks
- 13 pre-loaded sounds including applause, laugh track and more
- Six headphone outputs with individual volume controls
- Onboard editing
- 2-input, 2-output USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
- Battery power provides up to two hours of use with four AA batteries
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 16-bit /44.1kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 formats
Number of input channels
- Mic inputs: 6 (mono)
- Smartphone input: 1 (stereo)
Number of output channels
- 2 (6 headphones and L/R speaker outputs)
- MIC: XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- Smartphone Connection Jack: TRRS mini jack (4 contacts, TIP: L, RING 1: R, RING 2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC)
- USB: USB Type-C (audio interface and mass storage functions), Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- Headphones: 3.5mm stereo mini
- Speaker output: TRS jacks (balanced)
- AC adapter: Power supply connector for AD-14
- +48 V
- Formats: WAV 44.1kHz, 16-bit, mono/stereo
- Recording media: 4–32 GB cards compatible with the SDHC specification (class 10 or higher), 64–512 GB cards compatible with the SDXC specification (class 10 or higher)
- 44.1kHz, 16-bit, 2-in/2-out
- 4.3" (480Å~272) full-color touchscreen LCD
- 4 AA batteries (alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable NiMH)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14): DC 5 V/1 A (supports USB bus power)
- Powers with Type-C Cable
Estimated continuous operation time (with batteries)
- Recording 44.1kHz/16-bit/4ch audio to SD card ((when +48 V is OFF and headphone impedance is 32 ?)
- Alkaline batteries: about 2 hours
- NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3.5 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 6.5 hours
- The above values are approximate.
- Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- 295 mm (W) Å~ 248 mm (D) Å~ 61 mm (H)
Weight (unit only)
- 1.43 kg
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.